Thursday, July 7, 2011

"don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr Seuss

My bags are packed, and I have an hour and a half til I leave for the airport. Tord and Helene left for holidays two days ago, so pretty much all the goodbyes are over with. Strange how it's so hard to leave people you didn't even know a year ago.

I have the same number of bags as when I came; I'm pretty impressed with myself for that. Ski bag, a suitcase, and then a backpack and laptop case as carry-on. Well the laptop bag looks more like a big cooler cause I've stuffed it full of books and papers and souvenirs. And I have three pairs of shoes in the bottom of my carry-on backpack that I couldn't fit anywhere else. I also haven't added the 1.5 kg of brunost to my suitcase, so we'll see how this goes.

I may end up wearing rain boots on the plane or something.

I'm just flying as far as Oslo today, then I'll overnight at Devin's place and we'll fly out of Oslo tommorow morning at 6:30ish. We only fly together as far as Frankfurt, then I go to Phoenix and he goes to Philli.

It hasn't entirely hit me that I'm leaving, although every once in a while I think "this is the last time I'll drink coffee in this spot" or "last time I'll take this bus" or "last time I'll eat dinner with these people".

It's so weird having everything end so suddenly, not just saying goodbye to one friend who's going away, but leaving so many people and memories at once. I never thought that would be hard before I came on exchange, but now I don't remember how life was without all these people.

But this year couldn't have been better, and I have no regrets. So I guess it's a good thing if it's hard to leave. And it will be good to come home. Just strange.

So that was my last blog post in Norway. I'm really glad I kept this blog to look back over, and thanks for reading! I'll probably write a bit more once I get home, but we'll see. My first posts are HERE, so funny to read through, and hard to believe that was nearly a year ago.

If you click HERE it takes you to a photo album I made on facebook summing up my year. You don't have to have facebook to see the pictures; it's a public link.

Tusen takk for meg Norge!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I kept reminding myself of "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"... didn't help much. A last minute gift from my host sister, tissues!

    ReplyDelete