Sunday, April 3, 2011

Before and After

Today, out of curiosity, I took all my clothes out and sorted them into what I came to Norway with, and what I bought here. The results don't exactly suggest that packing to go home will be easy...

Clothes:

That's not including underwear, jackets, and whatever still happens to be in the wash. The front pile (what I've collected here) looks bigger from this angle, but the pile from home was actually slightly bigger.

As for shoes, I've done better:


Shoes:
From home:
I clearly misjudged the weather in Norway when I packed shoes - but hopefully it'll be warm enough to wear those again soon!

And then these two which I brought brand new, and have worn a lot, as you can tell by the looks of the runners....

And the sole held on by a tiny piece of rubber on these:


And then shoes I've acquired in Norway:

The two pairs of boots are thanks to my amazing host families.

Jewlery:
I've never been much of a jewlery person, and I think I've misplaced some, but left is what I came with, and right is what I've gotten in Norway


I haven't gotten a hair cut since I came here, besides trimming my own split ends and trimming my bangs. So I decided to see how much it's grown:

Curly/Natural hair:
I don't look all that impressed in either of these...haha
Mid August 2010 (3rd day in Norway)
A couple weeks ago (March 2011)





















Straightened hair (or straightish, in the case of the before picture)


Late July 2010

Mid March 2011


















While I was writing this, Devin sent me these pictures of him and Abby being twins, in September and March.

I think they look a lot older, and more european in the second one. And yeah, they have the same shoes and same t shirts :P
And while we're on this theme, here's Noellen and me, September and March.

I don't actually have anything significant to say in this post, just felt like seeing exactly how much stuff I've collected/bought/been given over eight months. 

It'll be interesting to do this post three months from now!

1 comment:

  1. I like the fact that we both have curly hair in the first one... xD I don't think we look more or less "European", but more... (at least on my part) normal.

    ReplyDelete